||Smart Fare Collection System
There is an increased global awareness regarding the benefits of Public transportation. Public transportation has regained its popularity and is receiving much attention regarding its constant development and advancement. Effective software systems that can help in managing the operation of those huge fleets are inevitable. Public transportation is vital in helping countries enhance safety and security, protect the environment and public health, and conserve energy.
Now more than ever; robust systems for public transportation are required to help in planning and operating routes and services, and ensuring flexible passenger transportation using various Public Transportation means.
Diyar United Company’s (DUC) Smart Fare Collection System solution is an interoperable automated ticketing system that allows the issuing, collecting, managing, and administering of public transportation tickets/cards.
Our Solution is an interoperable automated ticketing system that allows the issuing, collecting, managing, and administering of public transportation tickets/cards
The process starts with issuing the various types of tickets/cards that are secure and easy to use. Those tickets/cards are then distributed to commuters through kiosks or point-of-sale devices. The issued tickets are to be validated when used on any of the public transportation vehicles.
The solution handles both prepaid and subscription cards, or any method of ticket distribution.
Moreover, DUC Smart Fare Collection System provides the tools and applications to monitor the issuance of tickets, generate on-demand reports on ticket sales, and integrate existing financial and decision support systems.
The Diyar Smart Fare Collection solution comprises of the following sub systems:
DUC Smart Fare Collection solution comprises of the following subsystems:
- In-vehicle ticket issuance and fare collection devices.
allowing commuters to directly buy tickets from the in-vehicle ticket/card machines.
- Public transportation stations
Collect information on ticket sales from public transportation vehicles. In addition, there exists ticket/card distribution machines for commuters to use.
- Head Office control and management fare collections systems that include decision support system, card management system, revenue accounting system, transaction management, and other systems that are required to perform a full automation of ticket/card issuance and fare collection.
All those features allow public transportation organizations, public or private, to fully control the fare collection and distribution processes with ease and accuracy.
The following are some of the benefits of Diyar Smart Fare Collection System:
- Eliminate the need for the driver/conductor to handle tickets issuance which lead to better adhering to schedule
- Obtain and store accurate information on ticket sales from all vehicles
- Eliminate mistakes and theft in ticket collection procedures
- Distribute tickets/cards to commuters in a secure, safe, and efficient manner
- Generate powerful and rich reports on ticket sales, violations, daily cash return, and other types of reports
- Improve decision-making process. Organizations can take better decisions based on complete and full information on ticket sales at any point of time.
Provide better service to commuters and increase customer satisfaction